This is going to be short- just wanted to keep everyone up to date.
I went in for my second trimester ultrasound today- it was pretty long and the technician spent the whole time measuring things. Anyways- everything looks good and normal. As for the weight gain- when the doctor came in, he said that the baby is in the 88th percentile for weight- it weighs 1lb already. The average is 14 oz. This is especially good news because I barely eat enough and I was worried about the baby being underweight. I still don't look preggers yet- people are shocked to hear that I'm 5 months along. At least the baby is taking all the calories and not me.
The baby is pretty active. Its in the normal position (head down) and it kicks quite frequently. Anyone know how much longer before other people can feel it? My belly button is slowly popping out but it's got a little more to go.
As for the sex.... we narrowed it down. It's either a boy or a girl. I guess we'll have to wait a few more months to find out!
I have a pic of the profile- I'll try to get Ari to scan and post it. So if you don't see it on here tom. blame him.
That's all folks.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Glad to see the blogging has picked up. Can't wait to see the pics of RB.
I had my second interview with Carefirst yesterday. I think it went well. I don't know how many other people are in the running. The same two people as before interviewed me, and they are the people I would be working with. They seem very nice (very young). Now I just have to wait to hear. They asked all the typical dorkie interview questions. They had several pages of questions, and they just read them off, and they were both writing down just about every word I said. It is a good thing I have had so much experience working with difficult, stubborn, uncommunicative people, because most of the questions were things like, name a time you worked with a stupid idiot, and how did you handle it. Stupid idiots are just about all I have had to deal with my whole career. Between Teri, Andra and Bernie I should have this job locked up! They also asked me how I would instruct someone on how to start a car. If I get this job, one of the things I am most looking forward to is telling Bernie I quit.
I am leaving for Chicago tonight, so I will probably not be able to post till I get back Monday night. Wishing everyone a good, raisin free yomtov.
At least you didn't get any questions about camels and bananas (or did you?), like I did on my first MS interview.
Since I have internet access at this point I have decided to take advantage and comment as often as possible. That's really all that I am commenting about, as I have nothing else to say.
What was the camel/banana question? (forgive me if you already told us this one, I just don't remember - and it sounds like the kind of thing I would probably remember)
I don't remember the numbers exactly, but it was something like this:
You have 1000 bananas and a camel that can carry 500 at a time, but for every mile travelled it eats one (it needs bananas to go anywhere). The objective is to get as many bananas as possible from point A to B, which are 500 miles apart. How many can you get and how?
So what's the answer?
The answer is that camels don't really like bananas. (your right, I am making this up)
Okay, folks. Miriam, your mom/mom-i-l was here for the weekend and all she could talk about was that line that Rachel wrote, "And about the sex..."
Just thought you'd all like to know.
Oh, and get a better picture. They call that a picture? For that you spent good money?
I hope you are being sarcastic! That is the best ultrasound picture I have ever seen (and I have seen a few).
Post a Comment