Friday, October 06, 2006

RB update... and more!

So much has happened this week! The movers are expected to come within the hour so I will write until then.

First off- RB (see Sept. 17 if you don't know what that means) is doing well!!! I had my appointment yesterday with my new doc here in Seattle. I heard the heartbeat, my uterus is just the right size and I now weigh what I did before I got pregnant. The only problem is that I am not eating enough but I am so busy here setting up our life here in Seattle and working that I often forget to eat. Ari's trying to fatten me up so hopefully I will gain the weight that I need too. I am getting too big for my fat clothes now so I really need to start buying more maternity clothes. I love Gap maternity clothes but the store is downtown and there's no parking plus there are no Sundays to shop for the next two weeks due to yontiff and I'm working all day the Sunday after that. I will have to start wearing Ari's clothes. Oy- this should be the worst of my problems.

Next- Ari is really handy!!! He built the sukkah in about two hours last night including a quick trip to Lowes to get more schach. It looks really nice- kind of like the sukkah I grew up with. He is going to put up pics of it next week cause he's so proud of himself. It is raining now but the forecast for most of Sukkot is mostly sunny so we should get some use out of it this year. So far we have been invited out for almost all the of chag meals so the sukkah is going to be used mostly by Ari to eat dinner on Chol Hamoad. It is in the 60s here and it gets cold at night so I am staying indoors as much as I can.

The move is going well so far. Now we are just waiting for the furniture. We made a few Costco runs and splurged and got expensive toilet paper! If only we had the tornado... that is probably the only thing we miss from our New York apartment. Anyways we have enough toilet paper for a year and I think we shipped all the toilet paper from New York here too so it'll be awhile before we need anymore of that.

I convinced Ari to come with me to the Costco Home (one of the two in country) and we bought a couch, chair and rug for our den. It's very exciting! The first brand new furniture purchase we ever made. They have pretty good stuff there for decent prices. It's supposed to come in 8-10 weeks so now our leather loveseat will be the only seating in that room. We are having a lot of fun planning set ups and home improvements we hope to accomplish one day!

So that’s it for now. Wishing you all a Chag Sameach and a rain-free Sukkot.

4 comments:

Ari said...

For those of you who have never been to our NY apartment, "The Tornado" is a reference to our beloved old toilet, which flushed with so much power that you had to stand back if you didn't want to get splashed.

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys;

Well, I am really bored at work today. Bernie does not come in during chol hamoed, so there is basically nothing to do.

The good news is, I had a job interview last week, with Carefirst. They called me today, and they want me to come in for a second interview. The position is as a trainer, so they want me to bring in some training materials I have developed. Of course, when I moved, I had all that stuff shredded thinking I will never need it again. I only hope I have something at home on my hard drive. Otherwise I have until Wednesday to come up with something. I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, Bernie just called with someone he wants me to annoy, so gotta go.

MOM

Ari said...

Yay Mom! Good luck! Hopefully you will not have to work for yeckies anymore!

Anonymous said...

Hey rach! put up some new pics of RB-- sounds like it has grown! glad to hear ari is proving himself handy...who knew:-) anywho nothing new here..just got back from chicago yesterday...thats all the news for now- take some pics of the house too!