Sunday, October 15, 2006

A pic of RB- taken 10/11/2006

 Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHH!! it's BABY POLSKY!! ADORABLE!thanks for posting it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture. Leah and I have studied it carefully and she says it looks like you, Rachel. I noticed how you only sent us a picture of the head so we could not speculate about the gender.

Wendy, Yakov and I were in Rogers Park for the last days and we were surprised to run into Miriam at Yeshurun. Yakov had a great time running around, waving a flag and fussing at Kal Hanaarim.

(Miriam, I hope all goes well at Carefirst, we were hoping to merge with part of them, but it scares us because they have such a high political profile. As I told Rachel, we actually had a merger announced with Regence which includes Blue Shield of Washington, but it fell apart.)

I wasn't able to comment for the last week because I have been having computer issues. You would think with a son-in-law working at Microsoft he would have been able to give me instructions about how to copy files from my still working hard drive. No, I had to get the protocols from the other son-in-law who was in Israel. But I made the back-ups and I think now everything is fine. I must admit I am still angry at MS because their stupid Windows would not let me transfer the hard drive from one computer to another and have it boot - MS security, no doubt designed to force you to buy another copy. I do have to admit Ari was helpful in helping me wade through the basic issues that resulted from the crash. Thanks!

One other thing. I like raisin challah. There I've said it and I'm proud! I am not saying everyone else has to eat it, but I want the record to show that there is some basis for its existence.

Anonymous said...

What, abba, I thoguht you also didn't like raisins in your challah. We agreed on it before in the succah... hmm... pulling a John Kerry wish-washy thing on us are you? Interesting..

Anonymous said...

I always liked raisins, I just didn't think they were essential for a good Yom Norahim challah.

By the way, I like nuts too - but I am willing to defer to the needs of others.

No wishy-washy here!

Anonymous said...

for the record-the reason i posted a picture of the head is because they only gave me a picture of the head- not the whole body. next time i will ask for a body shot and then we can all speculate.

Ari said...

So what did other-son-in-law have you do? Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but it's been a while (thankfully, bli ayin hara) since I've directly had to deal with PC meltdowns and it's hard to keep up with how to deal with it with every new version of Windows... Also I have a hard time troubleshooting over the phone. But (warning: shameless promotion) Vista will do things much better!

Anonymous said...

when does vista come out? will it be as great as you say? and i must inform everyone there is a new feature on google calendar and you can now view the weather on your calendar! its amazing... thought you should know

Anonymous said...

Tip for Ari and Rachel from someone who has been there (and is still there) - nip that thumbsucking in the bud right now! (can you give it a time out? bribe it?)

Anonymous said...

keren-- wanna go to DSW on sunday (yes I am using you for your coupon)?

Ari said...

In another act of shameless microsoft promotion, you should all check out live local, microsoft's online mapping/directions tool. I was skeptical at first, but I actually find it is better than google maps interface-wise. I did have some problems printing directions with it, but I'm not sure if that was a problem with the software or something specific to my hardware configuration. Other than that I've had no problems. Check it out.

I guess it didn't take long for me to turn into a corporate shill...

Anonymous said...

Um...DUH. All I got from Nordstrom was a lousy 15% discount and I still think its the best department store around.

cham

Ari said...

Lets not forget also the free pop, milk, health insurance, health club membership, and transportation to and from work :)

Anonymous said...

Chams - I only have a dollar off coupon, not a percent off, so my coupon does you no good. But maybe I'll go anyway if you want my company . . . ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think the baby looks like Rachel too. Oh Rachel- I got you more scarves in Israel... wish I could give them to you in person :( I'll put them in the mail. I'm off to bed now as I have just finished the longest day of my life. Turbulence on the flight was like nothing I have ever experienced. I'm sure you can imagine what Josh was like! But, we all survived, and we're back here in Spanish Harlem to continue yet another semester of school. Miss you lots!