Saturday, February 10, 2007

Superbowl pics... plus a fun game to play




While the Bears lost, we had a good time eating (as always). To the left are a few pics I took while the two guys were busy munching. The guy in the bottom pic is our neighbor Chaim. I just found out that he likes Settlers and to Ari's dismay, I extended a permanent invitation to come play every Shabbat afternoon.

In other news, I'm just hanging on here waiting. My doc told me last week that the baby hadn't dropped so I wasn't too happy about that. She also told me that it's about 6 lbs. I'm giving RB pep talks everyday reassuring him/her that the outside world is a fantastic place to be. So far- it's not working. To make this waiting time a bit more exciting- Ari and I have decided to set up a game- everyone picks a date for the baby to be born (not when I go into labor) and the winner gets a prize. Hopefully this will pick up the rather dismal commenting rate on this blog. Just to give you some help- my due date is Feb 19. Looking forward to seeing the guesses. Don't be shy!

25 comments:

Yaakov Sheinfeld said...

I cant see the pictures! Anyone else able to see them? Anyone at all looking at this blog? Anyone...anyone? Beuller?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures. Sorry Yaakov, but I can see them. I can also see my imaginary friend, but that's another story. How are you doing? I'm still waiting for that salmon recipe from your mom. Tell her I will trade her for the recipe of her choice from my recipe box, although I must warn you, most of the things I make do not have recipes. I am willing to negotiate.

I see Ari is still hairy faced. Is that permanent, or just until the kid starts pulling on it?

I could preempt Chammie and vote for her birthday, which is Feb. 27 (I know you would like to pop before that), or I could vote for both her and Sarah's Hebrew birthday Zayin Adar, which is Feb 25th. I think I will go with Feb 25th. What's the prize? How long will your doc let you go before they induce?

I told my boss that you are due soon, and I would like to go see the baby at some point, and her response was basically forget it. We hired you now because we need you to work on this project. Sounds like a real sweetheart doesn't she. I am working on this HSC project, which is basically a computer program update that requires the retraining of about 600 prople. About 230 of them are my responsibility. She keeps telling me to take ownership of this project. Last week she forwarded me a copy of an email she responded to. It was from someone else on the project, inviting her to a meeting. She responded that they should be inviting me to the meeting, as it is my project. She sent me a copy. When the meeting chair sent me the meeting invite, I was listed as a mandatory invitee. So, foolishly, I went to the meeting. She told me I should not have gone without checking with her first. Does it sound like I work in the bizarro world? Does it seem like I have had more than my share of jobs in the bizarro world? I am really hoping she will get promoted. She has been in her position for 3 years, and that seems to be about it before people move up.

Gotta go, working on Purim costumes. Tzipora wants to be a bunny.

Keep on blogging

Love,

MOM

Anonymous said...

We take Feb 25....Love, Abba and Pat

Anonymous said...

Um, excuse me, but it seems to me the idea of a contest is for people to pick different dates - why does everyone want Feb. 25? Just to be different, I'll take the 23rd. Not that I should bother, I have seen the "prizes" you give out ;)

P.S. Excellent looking sandwich - what was in it?

Anonymous said...

Never mind my P.S. My pitiful short-term memory obviously could not recall your last post about the BLTs. My bad.

Anonymous said...

we will change our vote to the 26th since the 25th is getting too many votes

Abba & Pat

Cham said...

dang i wanted the 26th! ok i will go with 24 if i must but i am telling you all that it willbe 26 so i still get credit for my guess!
ari- thanks for setting up all that IP address stuff...

Anonymous said...

I'm going with the 27th. Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Rachel - I notice no one thinks you'll go early. Firsts aren't always born late, you know. Sarah was four days early, so there's always hope. Try lots of walking and stairs.

DF said...

The trend these days is to be late. I'll go out on a limb here and predict March 2.

Now I will return to the trunk.

Anonymous said...

Ari, you were complaining about the lack of responses. This just proves, that when you give us something to respond to, we do.

MOM

Anonymous said...

Aunt Bonnie predicts February 18th so look out world here it comes!

Anonymous said...

i'm going for the night of the 21st so julie has a VERY fun filled vacation!
good luck. come on RB go 21!

Anonymous said...

To change the subject. It is a mess in Baltimore. Ice pellets have been falling all night. We got out of work yesterday at 3:00. I have tried to shovel, but there is a layer of ice on the pavement, because it was warm yesterday when it started. The snow has the consistency and weight of sugar. I spent about 10 minutes working on the car, and got nowhere. I called the snow line from work, and the message said we have the "option" of coming in up to 2 hours late. Does that mean because I come in at 7:30, I can come in at 9:30, but someone who usually comes in at 9 can come in at 11? Does that make sense? I don't know how I am going to be able to get down the driveway, much less get the car cleared. There is a thick layer of ice on the car. I would really like a garage about now. I also wish I could get the snowblower out of the basement, but how would I get the gas for it? This is crazy. I wish they would just cancel work.

Anonymous said...

So, yesterday evening I went and picked Leah up. Ken and Wendy are out of town and Ken didn't want Leah driving in the snow. (Good call Ken) The snow wasn't so bad, just the stupid drivers in Chicago who hae never seen snow before, so they have no clue how to dirve in it. I don't get it.
In any event I took side roads, mostly through Kennilworth, boy are their roads well groomed, and it took about 40 minutes.
Oh, I picked Leah up so she could do hair and makeup for Arie Crown Erev Shira. Then Tova and Leah and I all got to enjoy the performance. I am very glad I don't have any more daughters. This is my 13th erev shira in a row. As nice as it is, every year I end up calling my mom and thanking her for sitting through all of my concerts and performances when i was growing up. Rachel if you think labor is/will be hard, just wait for erev shira and the like. Labor will seem ephemeral and pleasurable in comparison.
thanks to Ari for the tortilla soup recipe. I have one similar, but tonight is a good soup night, so that's what's for dinner on Avers tonight.
Rachel wishing a short easy labor and a healthy baby.

Anonymous said...

Well, it is day 2 of the 4 inch Baltimore blizzard. Yesterday, I was trying to figure out how to get the driveway cleared, so I could go to work. The snow line said that we could come in 2 hours late, and they would update the message at 10am, which would do me no good since my usual starting time is 7:30. I was hacking away unsuccessfully at the thick layer of ice on the driveway, wondering what would happen if I just tried to slide the car down into the street, when I saw my neighbor, Tony, who is a contractor. He called a friend, and they came and brought up the snowblower, got gas, and proceeded to do my driveway, and the sidewalks on the whole block. That got me out of the driveway, however the streets, even the beltway were awful. I managed to make it to work on time, only to find that they had not plowed the parking lot. There were about a dozen cars, not in spaces, but basically left whereever in the lot the got stuck. I checked the snow line again, and found that they had changed it at 8 to say come in 3 hours late. It turned out only one other person bothered to come in in my department. Maybe 20 in the whole building. Of course by the time they plowed the lot, they just plowed the stuck cars in. At about 2:45, the department supervisor, Paul (not to be confused with the manager Ira, who I don't like) just said this is rediculous, and told me to go home.

Today it is just freezing, and blustery. Hopefully the streets are cleared. I know the weather is much worse in Chicago, but this is a pain.

On a brighter note, Eli Lopin is engaged. That brings the total number of weddings I already have on my schedule to way more than the number of vacation days I have. They are hoping for the wedding the last week in May, which is the same week as Aaron's. This one will be in New York, though. Don't have the date yet.

Keep warm.

MOM

Cham said...

Hey everyone! No baby yet? Dovid is banking on March for this baby so it/he/she can share his birthday month. We are here in freezing Chicago and we are LOVING the Jewel. Can I tell you , we walked in and our day just got better and better. Someone gave us a cart, 2 people tried to help me, thats in one shopping trip people! and then the check out lady asked if we had trouble finding anything AND wished us a good shabbos! Ok I wouldnt make such a big deal about this BUT we have the worse grocery store on the planet in good old silver spring, so coming to the Jewel is a glimpse into a normal store....

also for all you who are wondering what dovid does all day now that he has school TWICE A WEEK check out his blog.
http://www.vulgarherd.blogspot.com/

anywho have a good shabbos everyone! We will try not to freeze

Anonymous said...

AS I contemplate which day to guess, Shalom tells me that due to Rachels anger issues, if the baby doesn't pop out by the 20th rachel will just push it out herself. Therfore I place my money on the 20th (because the baby has some fight and Rachel will have a run for her money).

HAHAHAHAHA, I don't need to give birth. HAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Shaya, your sympathy for your sister's impending birth experience is touching.

Anonymous said...

As another February 27th birthday child (I hear Chammie is one too), I have to say I am hoping, if not predicting, for a birth on the 27th. It would be a nice birthday present. I don't care that Julie has already chosen the date, I thank her for "squatting" on it for me until I could get around to read the blog.

And Rachel, just remember what the obstetrician (Dr. Weisberg) who delivered you used to say: The ninth month is the longer half of pregnancy.

You were a first child and were a couple of days early, after finally dropping butt-first. Even then, you did things your own way.

B'sha'ah Tovah!

Oh yeah, if it's not too difficult, please deliver at night if it's a boy and call me before midnight so I can book the tickets for the bris.

Unknown said...

Oh Rachel and Ari...A co-worker of Yaakov's told him that late babies are sleepy babies. That being said #1 at 9 days late lives up to the expectation. #2 at 10 days late, well, lets just says he's working on it. So late babies arent so bad after all. My guess is March 1st.

B'shaah tovah!

Sari and the late boys

DF said...

Well. I guess I was wrong.

Anonymous said...

YAAAAY! PICS PICS PICS!!!!

Anonymous said...

RB is born!!!
YAY!! see y'all purim!
(hopefully)

Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov, where are the pictures???

MOM