Wednesday, September 20, 2006

7-11

I think we have become the best customers of the local 7-11. We've gotten slurpees there probably about 2-3 times per week. It's right between our current apartment and the Jewish community so we stop by on our way quite often.

Everything with the house is coming together - we've got all the legal hocus pocus pretty much taken care of. Make reservations soon for your stay at casa de Polsky! The mortgage guy is working frantically to get everything done in time for closing next week.

We are going to Chicago for Thanksgiving (thanks Abba and Pat!). The Friday after is an MS holiday so I don't have to use any precious vacation days. And Abba and Pat are coming to visit for my birthday weekend. We are very excited to finally move into something permanent so we can be settled.

Tomorrow is the company meeting. It's held at Safeco field, which is where the Mariners play. There will be tens of thousands of MS people there. It's basically a big pep rally where the execs talk about how great we are (or so I'm told - I've obviously never experienced it first hand). Supposedly there's beer. Can you imagine having so many rowdy nerds in one place? The good thing is that Safeco field is about a 10-15 minute walk from our apartment. So no commute tomorrow. After the meeting there will be a product fair held at Qwest field (where the Seahawks play) where we will be showing off all our new technologies and up-and-comings stuff that's still under development. Hopefully we will get some cool freebies. Conveniently, Qwest field is right next door to Safeco field!

So that is the news from here. What say you guys?

Ari

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much of that belly is baby and how much is slurpee? How about some pics of the house. Can't get that mental picture of a stadium full of rowdy nerds out of my mind. Thanks Ari. The pocket protectors will be flying. We really miss you, but love the blog.

Anonymous said...

oh man you better post about the big events of the day- we will all need to hear about it so better post before the holiday- in any event Dovid and I just got back from our Asian market (for the new fruits) and bought some prickly things, however their usual selection of prickly things was rather low...we got some red tentacle fruits--

also we went to kosher mart and dovid had shwarma for dinner....

Anonymous said...

How is koshermart? Never been. (by the way, Dov- loved the duvman comment from yesterday - I never noticed the similarity in your names!)

Thanks for getting us tentacle fruit? Did you get us pomegranates too? You know how much I love those, right?

We too can't wait to hear about the pep rally/company meeting - was there a mascot? a t-shirt launcher?

How have you guys been liking the community there so far?

Sarah is learning Hebrew from school where this year is "Hebrew immersion" and they speak to them only in Hebrew (they cheat a little bit at the beginning of the year, but only a little). This morning when I dropped her off, I asked Sarah how many hugs and kisses she wanted (as per our daily ritual) and instead of her usual "five" or "six" she answered "echad!" I said, really, only echad? and she said, "lots of echads." Her teacher was so proud (as was I). And then tonight, we were playing around and I put a juice box on my head, pretending not to know where it was - Sarah said, it's on your rosh! I was shepping. . .

So, anyone coming over tonight to watch racist survivor or are you too traumatized from last week? (or are you too busy cooking for us? we really know how to treat our guests - between you guys and Mom we are barely doing any cooking!)

Shana tova all!

Anonymous said...

Hold on, you have never been to kosher mart?!? Huh? First of all its awesome, much better than shaloms- lots of good stuff (they have huge premade shishkabobs that you take home and grill that look awesome! They also have other preseasoned but not cooked stuff, like chickens etc that you just pop in the oven-- good for when you dont have time to do anything)- but it is a bit far if you are just going for a few things

Yes keren we also got your fav- pomegranates- and a star fruit for good measure (and in case tentacle fruits aren't edible...)

I am in the process of baking challah- haven't dont that in at least 3 months...last week we even ate the gross whole wheat challah thats been in the freezer since we moved in...needless to say, it was gross. dont worry no raisins in thonights batch- we know how much everyone in teh family is against raisins.

can't come watch the racist survivor- we are too busy with school/challah-
I can't wait to hear sarah with her hebrew:-) Have a great Rosh Hashana everyone! Shana Tova!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
Julie recently told me about your blog and this is the first time I'm not busy so I can respond.I just finished my cooking for tonight. Ari we miss you, I don't know what to do with all the leftovers. Julie and Josh are coming for RH so it should be nice.
Rachel, I can't believe that you finally have a cute little belly, I guess you popped.
Sounds like everything is falling into place for you, jobs and homes.
This blog really is a great way to communicate with everyone.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new house and car and expanding belly.
Seth is adjusting to Netiv, he says Rav Bina doesn't know who he is yet, I guess that's a good thing.He's already broken a finger while playing football, not to worry though, he is now playing with the splint on.
Have a happy and Healthy New year.
The Teaneck Avners