My second day was much more eventful than the first. The first half was more orientation stuff, but after that I went to meet my group. So I found the office of the guy I was supposed to meet - he emailed me a yesterday and told me to report to him when orientation was over - anyway his office and all offices in the area were deserted. It was like a ghost town. He came back about 10 minutes later and told me that the whole team was at their meeting they have every 2 weeks where they play the game show "deal or no deal" - grand prize is an XBox 360 but nobody has won yet. The guy today won a 2 GB MP3 player. So it seems like a really fun and chilled out group. He also told me that since things are slow right now, they play XBox in the game room at around 4 every day.
Right now I'm sharing my office with another guy, but someone is leaving this week so as of next week I will have my own office. There are no windows but it is a whole lot better than a cube. I've got 2 computers, one for regular work and one as a test machine. I've got 2 monitors, a 20 inch and a 19 inch, so the setup is pretty sweet. My regular machine is running Vista. It is very cool!
If you have never been at a chinese market like the one below our apartment, let me tell you some of the more intersting items we found there while looking for ice cream: pork large intestine, pork small intestine, pork stomachs, pork fat slabs, pork blood... probably other things we would have found if we weren't too grossed out to keep looking.
Other updates: We are picking up our car on sunday, we met with the real esate agent today - she said we should have a signed contract by friday.... The Genauers invited us for a Rosh Hashana.
That's enough for now. Maybe Rachel will chime in at some point... maybe...
Ari
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey!!! Look what I stumbled upon!! I called Rachel earlier in the week...but left a voicemail. Glad to see things are going well. We miss you a lot here but hey, we'll have to deal. Anyway, good to know I can get microsoft office for $40!! Anyway, going to finish cooking for shabbos, enjoy!!
Post a Comment