Thursday, June 28, 2007
Sorry it's been so long!
It's been almost a month since there's been a post. I've been Ari's case for awhile but he's gotten busy at work so he's had no time. As for me- one of the teachers at my school had a baby so I ended up covering for her after she left. She taught the PreK 1- which means the two year-olds. Needless to say, after watching 7 two year-olds and Levi on top of that, I was exhausted when I came home. Right after school ended, I started working at a camp here. Originally, I wasn't supposed to be working for TDS after Pesach so I thought I'd be bored by the time June 22 rolled around. Therefore, I agreed to run a backyard camp here for 15 little boys. It's for five hours everyday and the boys are crazy! I have two high school girls helping me and we sit there counting down the minutes til camp is over. I know how pathetic that sounds but the owner of the backyard is so happy that there were people in Seattle she could hire. For the past three years, she's been flying in staff.
As for Levi- he's growing slowly. The doc said he's in the 15th percentile for length, weight and head circumference. He's hitting all his milestones on time so I'm not worried. He started rolling over at three months and now he gets into everything. Just two days ago, he shredded Ari's magazine that was on the floor. He figured out how to blow raspberries and that's all he does now. It's very cute. He's also become a dirt magnet. I take him to camp with me and by the time we get home, he's covered in dirt, spitup and also some paint, glitter and whatever else we used in arts and crafts that day. I do bathe him every night (he loves baths) but no one can tell at 10 in the morning when he's gotten himself all filthy.
That's all for now. We are still waiting for summer here. It's been cold and rainy but I'm not complaining because we have no AC. Next week it's supposed to be in the eighties which is really really hot for Seattle so we are preparing for the "heatwave".
The pics are kind of old but I don't have the camera to put up all the new ones here. I'll put them up next time I post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Thanks for the new post!! I had almost given up hope. You have no a/c?!! I guess maybe you don't need it if it rarely gets above the 70's. Anyway, the Levi pics are adorable even if they aren't the most current - love the one with him looking up at the camera, clasping his hands together! :) Of course, him and Ari sprawled next to each other on the floor is a close second.
I was so happy to see a new post. I laughed at the picture of Levi and Ari sacked out on the floor. Like father like son. That curl on top of his head is precious.
What do you do with him all day at camp? What are you planning to do in the fall?
I have heard that people in Seattle don't have ac, but I can't comprehend it. Someone I know here went to a wedding in Seattle last summer, and the wedding hall wasn't air conditioned, and it was in the 80's that weekend. They were totally miserable. I have also heard that people there buy cars without air conditioning. Sounds strange to me.
Can't wait to see you and Levi out East this summer. Any chance you will come down to Baltimore for a shabbos so we all can see you?
Also, now that I have my skype working, and Keren and Chammie have cameras too, maybe we can do some video calls.
Anyway, gotta go to work. Keep up the posting.
Love,
MOM
ADORABLE pictures. He looks more and more like a Polsky every day. Looking forward to seeing you in August!
WOW Rachel u r so busy, how do u do it? I feel u b/c I've done the camp thing before - and continuing to do so now!! (ATT summer program 3 cooking courses in a row w/ kids, like pizza faces, fruit kabobs, decorating cup cakes etc..) You must colapse at home, I hope Levi naps. He looks ADORABLE, you want to just kiss him!! Do you know the family I asked you about awhile ago? I have it n my Chandlers but too lazy to look up now...Whatever..when u coming to Chicago? Send regards to Ari..Hi everyone, Love, Aviva Oh Ari, Dovid and your Dad want to make a family B-Day, Ann list, we could all post it through this, ask him about it..
ah yes, Leora Pinkus so nicely told me that the summer camp used to fly in people, including her. Levi is too cute, hopefully i'll see you in August, i'm gonna start working on dad. Love you lots.
levi is so cute.
You must be totally exhausted. How is Levi sleeping at night?
Just remember even if the temperature is in the 80's the humidity is very low, so its not that uncomfortable. Most of my friends growing up never had a/c. We only go tit when my father's parents, who who every elderly, came for my youngest brother's bar mitzvah. If we used the a/c 2 days a year, that wa a lot.
Connie
Very cute pics! Since we are all giving our favs here I like the one with levi in a hat! good luck with your heat wave - i suggest blowing into a cup of ice
speaking of skype - everyone should get it and get a web cam. we just got a new web cam from best buy yesterday for $10, you can also get in online if you cant make it into the store.
aviva - about the bdays and anniversaries - why don't you post them all here or email those that you know to me (chammiefreedman@gmail.com). I recently put together a calendar for my fam and I think my dates are saved so I can add in all that you know.
For those who are thirsty for new posts dov just put one up on vulgarherd.blogspot.com (but dont pay attention to how bad dovid makes our last month sound, it was actually great with no work or responsibility and a lot of sarah and avi play time)
oh yeah, one last thing- dovid is officially launching his business "DOVIDeo" this summer.we are excited for the prospects
ok I will stop "hijacking" your blog...I know polsky girls tend to do that.
Later peeps
thanks for the update, Rachel. I don't know how you do it. 15 of the male variety????
I come to your site everyday to see if you've updated... More pictures please- especially pictures of Levi eating a popsicle!
Post a Comment