Thursday, May 10, 2007

Levi Baby Pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/rachelavner/LeviMay10?authkey=B-xJv7rl0ho

All is well in Levi-land today. He's getting big and really fun to play with. He's still very chatty, smiley and now he's beginning to master the first steps of rolling over. He can get from his back to his side and needs a small nudge to get to his front. As you can see from the pics- he also holds up his head really nicely and loves tummy time now.

As for other news, not much is going on here. Last Shabbos we went to West Seattle where there's a TLC (Torah Learning Center). The daughter of the Rabbi was my student this year and she was so thrilled to have us over. The Rebbitzen is seven months pregnant so the two daughters (plus a sleepover friend) were all over Levi "practicing". I really enjoyed myself as I barely had him except when he was sleeping or crying. West Seattle is absolutely beautiful and the house was 10 minutes away from the beach so I took a shabbos walk with the girls while Ari babysat. As we walked around the neighborhood and to the beach, I decided I would move there in a second if it weren't for the fact that there is barely any yiddishkeit there. Ari already has issues with where we live now because there are no pizza places so going somewhere where there is no shul is out of the question.

I'm making plans for the next month now. Next week, I'm subbing at my school and since they are desperate they are letting me bring the babes. I don't know what we are doing for shavuot yet as Leah has deserted us. She decided she'd rather stay home and play with Julie and Josh rather than come play with Levi. Guess who isn't winning the Auntie-of-the-year award this year! But seriously, it's going to be lonely here so I'm thinking we'll have guests for at least two meals. I've had my menu planned for a long time so I'm very excited.

That's all for now. I really stink at writing posts so if everyone can pressure Ari to post in the future I'd really appreciate it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me Rachel, but i find the term "deserted" a bit extreme, harsh, uncalled for and not true! Levi is looking super cute, and oddly, he looks like AJ in some of the pictures... or maybe i've just been hanging around AJ for too long. Love the pictures!
love, Leah
I will still win the best Auntie of the Year Award, just you wait.

Anonymous said...

Levi definitely has an Avner look about him, I think mainly around the eyes. he certainly is adorable. But how many rings does he have on his thighs? That's what I wanna know....
Where is West Seattle? is that western suburbs or a city (Like East St. Louis?)

Connie

Keren said...

I'm having 11 guests for Shavuos and I haven't planned a thing. We have so much going on I can't plan beyond the next event. At this point I'm just hoping we can keep the basement flood-free until the guests arrive. We set a new world record today. Only 17 hours from completion of new carpet installation until basement flooding. The "extraction" expert who came to clean up the carpet assured us that he had never seen anyone with a flood on such new carpet. Not the kind of record you want to set. At least it was a clean flood (washing machine water). I think we're just going to lock up the basement and pretend we don't have one.

Oh, yeah -Ari, post!! (But Rachel, don't sell yourself short, you post pretty well yourself)

Anonymous said...

Rachel, did you win the shaytel from "OORAH"? We saw your name on the prize list. Our friends Bassy and Yosef Cohen won the dining room set. This is like the first year we didn't participate - but we are happy for the 2 Chicago winners!! :) Also Dr. Shana Erenberg (of TI fame) has a married daughter living in Seattle. Here's their info: Miriam and John Friedman. (H) 206-324-6238 (C)917-239-4360 I oddly enough met the parents at the shiva house, they know Yaakov from Camp CHI days (hashgacha) and she taught Avi.(She also guided me w/ my Sped degree) "If you need anything, they'd love to help" is what she said. Sorry I took so long to relay this to you.....We can't wait for summer break, CAMP! Now busy w/work, school, piano and baseball B"H.(my 5th grader has finals?!!) I'm sure Sam told u about shloshim. Hi everyone, I forgot this isn't priveate e-mail.(Yaakov would delete half of this.. Miriam I'll call you b/4 shavuous about towels THANKS!!Bye everyone..GOD LUCK KEREN!! Hope you got our letter.

Anonymous said...

OOPS, I misspelled "GOOD" - well, THE ONE ABOVE will surely help you Keren!! BYE