Monday, November 27, 2006

Snowing in Seattle

Thanksgiving was great! I'm glad that we were able to come to Chicago and spend time with our families. Abba and Patty did an amazing job with the house. They moved in over a two week period which is quite impressive considering that Ari and I have been in our new place for about two months and we still have boxes to be unpacked as well as a "Monica's Closet". That will have to be cleaned out because Cham and Duv along with Abba and Pat are coming in January! We still have open weekends in between if anyone wants/needs a place to stay in Seattle.

I had a great time over Thanksgiving. Abba outdid himself. I normally don't eat turkey but he put enough margarine on it that I was still picking at the carcass long after the company had gone. And the brisket.....YUM!

I did my fair share of eating out. Ari was amazed by how much I consumed- I think he feels a bit insecure since I'm threatening his position as the "eater" in our little family. But he supports my appetite and makes sure that I'm never hungry. We hit a bunch of restaurants and enjoyed them all.

I also noticed in Chicago how many people are reading this blog. Please comment at least once! Don't let Chammie and Keren's frequent hijacking intimidate you.

Anyways- when we landed in Seattle we noticed snow on the ground! Who would've thunk?! It all melted this morning but it's been hailing on and off today. It's supposed to snow throughout this week. It's not like Chicago though- heavy and sticky. They get light snows here that melts fairly quickly.

I'm pretty sick now. My school wouldn't let me come in today cause they didn't want the kids getting sick. I left my other job early cause my sinuses were throbbing. I'm hoping that I'll be well enough tomorrow to resume my normal workload. I don't enjoy sleeping anymore because of RB so "sick days" are not something I can enjoy.

I don't have any pictures to post of Chicago because I forgot my memory card in Seattle. I hope Abba will send me some of the pics he took and then maybe I'll share a few with everyone.

That's it for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hijacking?! The nerve. Just for that, I'm not going to comment on this post.


D'oh!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie;

Are you coming in on Thursday? I will leave my house key with Devorah. She lives at 6312 Wallis, right down the street (I'm at 6202) Her number is 410-764-5637, and my cell is 410-370-4100. Use the pink bedroom top of the stairs on the left. If I'm not here when you get here, just make yourself at home. I still need to know if you will be eating all shabbos meals with us, or going to any sheva brochos. Let me know.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Miriam

Anonymous said...

OH! Thank you so much with all of your help. I don't think we are eating any meals with you :( - I think we're eating all of the meals with the sheva brachos crowd. It turns out that Josh and I found a ride leaving from Manhattan on Thursday afternoon, so no worries now about the scary chinese bus! I think we'll get to Baltimore about fiveish. Thanks for the numbers.
We're looking forward to seeing you!

Anonymous said...

I just submitted my first application!!! Hooray! Thanks to MOM 3 for helping me revise my essay:-)
Julie- i laughed out loud that you made whoopie pies too (i know that was 2 weeks ago but i am catching up here...) Ours are actually pretty good when frozen. Dov may make them again. Anyway I am happy that I did one thing, now I can focus on other stuff like the fact that Rachels shower is on Sunday and I have another app due in a week! YAY! Love you and miss you all!