here are two pics of me at 26 weeks. just to give you an idea of how big i've gotten i've also included a pic of me at 2 weeks pregnant. and i still have 3 more months to go!
dWow, Rachel, you've really popped! I guess you take after the Avner side of carrying pregnancies. I don't think your mom was that big when she delivered! I'm sad you are so far away, that belly looks so inviting to rub! Do you have enough maternity clothes? How's that working out? We appreciate the pictures of RB, but we are still anxiously awaiting pictures of the house! Has the rain stopped yet? It must be very depressing to wake up to yet another rainy day. Good for Ari that he got the week off. Do you have time off besides Thursday and Friday? We have the Karlin wedding on Thanksgiving day, grandma is not thrilled, but the kids will go there with Julie and Josh. I can't wait, I go to Israel 2 weeks from tonight. Can't wait to see Seth, Shaya, and Jake. We are staying in the apt you guys stayed in for the Bar Mitzvah summer. Supposedly it was painted and fixed up a bit. I can't complain though because I bartered for it, I've been working full time for the past 6 weeks because Nili has been in Israel because her daughter had 33 week premie twins. When she comes back, I leave, Yeah. my parents are coming with me, and I convinced them we need to relax for a night at the Carmel Spa, and get a massage. Luckily they agreed. I signed up for the AYUVEDA, an indian treatment that balances body and soul. It's a gentle peeling with medicinal herbs, a gentle body massage with warm sesame oil and an oil libation in the center of the forehead, accompanied by a head massage. All for 390 shekels, It's 1Hr 15 min. Sounds a bit decadent, but I convinced my parents we all deserve it. I CAN"T WAIT!
Mom - I like how your comment and your sign off are mirror images of each other. Cool!
Rachel - I can't believe you're so big already!! (I think Miss Manners or Dear Amy says that is not an appropriate comment to a pregnant woman, but whatever) Is your back any better?
TTA- i do have enough maternity clothes. thank you very much for the ones you sent me. the rain has not stopped yet. it's been pouring cats and dogs all day long. i've been told that this is not normal seattle weather. apparently this is the most rain seattle has gotten since 1998. it's very depressing. i do not have any time off besides thursday and friday. between my two jobs- i only have 6 days off a month: all the shabboses and two sundays. i'm working all the other days. enjoy the spa! i'm trying to find a nice place here so i can get a prenatal massage for my birthday!
keren- my back is feeling better but i'm having so much trouble sleeping these days. every time i need to switch sides i wake up cause my stomach gets in the way.
for the rest of you- i know i look really big but i only weigh about 10 lbs more than my prepregnancy weight!
Rachel - I used to have the exact same problem with waking up to switch sides. Not much you can do about that, unfortunately. Consider yourself lucky if you can at least fall back asleep right away. Remember, it is all preparation for waking up to feed the baby (or so they say). I can't believe you have only gained 10 lbs!! Crazy. You look great! Did you get the Baby Bargains book?
Well, how's this for a new record. The new guy at work, Tom started Tuesday afternoon. This morning he tried to quit! Bernie persuaded him to stay, and I kept my mouth shut. Bernie asked him if it was something I said to him, and he said no. I did not want to be responsible for him quitting, so there were things he should know that I did not tell him. He would have quit for sure. He'll have to find out the hard way, and then he'll quit, but it won't be my fault. Now it looks like Marsha is reconsidering whether to take that other job, or work for Bernie half days. The other job has bad hours, so maybe she will come in part time. The funny thing is that yesterday they left Tom alone in the office, after 4 hours of training. He knows absolutely nothing, and Miriam sends him an email, today is the deadline to get the three remaining group renewals in, can you send in the paperwork. He has no idea what the paperwork looks like, where to find it or where to send it. He was almost in tears this morning. Bernie kept telling him this is only for 6 months, then he will be promoted. He has to understand the administration before he can do the service work, which is baloney. Bernie doesn't understand the administration, why should Tom. Anyway, as I was getting ready to leave today Bernie says "good luck in your future endeavors" Is that guy a class act or what. The most important thing, though is:
Rach you look great!!! mom good work on losing that job! I have been insanely busy this week (as you may notice from the lack of posting). Anyway it's just us here for shabbos...will be nice to have a quiet shabbos for a change...have a shower for a friend on sunday, so that basically keeps me busy from 7:45-4:00 on sunday (assuming I can leave at 4...is this going to be more than 2 hours?!!?) Anyway so i am busy again this week with no time sunday to do anything...arg. talk to you all when I have my first application in (dec 1)
Hi All. This is actually for Chammie-- I just watched your third webisode, and have to tell you that I too made the Whoopie Pies!! I made the original recipe- not the peanut butter one and also had a tough time with that marshmellow filling. It was way too liquidy... I even threw out the first batch and made a second one, but there was no difference. Oh well. I don't think I'm going to make them again.
I also saw the third webisode, and I think it is time to make it official - I am no longer the biggest nerd in the family. The torch has been passed to Dovid.
OOPS. I goofed. I got a new cell phone, and I forgot to copy the phone numbers out of my old phone before I turned it in. I do not have anyone's cell phone numbers. If I don't call you, you will know why.
12 comments:
AHH! You're huuuuuge!
WOW
MOM
dWow, Rachel, you've really popped! I guess you take after the Avner side of carrying pregnancies. I don't think your mom was that big when she delivered! I'm sad you are so far away, that belly looks so inviting to rub! Do you have enough maternity clothes? How's that working out?
We appreciate the pictures of RB, but we are still anxiously awaiting pictures of the house!
Has the rain stopped yet? It must be very depressing to wake up to yet another rainy day.
Good for Ari that he got the week off. Do you have time off besides Thursday and Friday? We have the Karlin wedding on Thanksgiving day, grandma is not thrilled, but the kids will go there with Julie and Josh.
I can't wait, I go to Israel 2 weeks from tonight. Can't wait to see Seth, Shaya, and Jake. We are staying in the apt you guys stayed in for the Bar Mitzvah summer. Supposedly it was painted and fixed up a bit. I can't complain though because I bartered for it, I've been working full time for the past 6 weeks because Nili has been in Israel because her daughter had 33 week premie twins. When she comes back, I leave, Yeah. my parents are coming with me, and I convinced them we need to relax for a night at the Carmel Spa, and get a massage. Luckily they agreed. I signed up for the AYUVEDA, an indian treatment that balances body and soul. It's a gentle peeling with medicinal herbs, a gentle body massage with warm sesame oil and an oil libation in the center of the forehead, accompanied by a head massage. All for 390 shekels, It's 1Hr 15 min. Sounds a bit decadent, but I convinced my parents we all deserve it. I CAN"T WAIT!
Mom - I like how your comment and your sign off are mirror images of each other. Cool!
Rachel - I can't believe you're so big already!! (I think Miss Manners or Dear Amy says that is not an appropriate comment to a pregnant woman, but whatever) Is your back any better?
connie- there are no jewish bookstores here.
TTA- i do have enough maternity clothes. thank you very much for the ones you sent me. the rain has not stopped yet. it's been pouring cats and dogs all day long. i've been told that this is not normal seattle weather. apparently this is the most rain seattle has gotten since 1998. it's very depressing. i do not have any time off besides thursday and friday. between my two jobs- i only have 6 days off a month: all the shabboses and two sundays. i'm working all the other days. enjoy the spa! i'm trying to find a nice place here so i can get a prenatal massage for my birthday!
keren- my back is feeling better but i'm having so much trouble sleeping these days. every time i need to switch sides i wake up cause my stomach gets in the way.
for the rest of you- i know i look really big but i only weigh about 10 lbs more than my prepregnancy weight!
Rachel - I used to have the exact same problem with waking up to switch sides. Not much you can do about that, unfortunately. Consider yourself lucky if you can at least fall back asleep right away. Remember, it is all preparation for waking up to feed the baby (or so they say). I can't believe you have only gained 10 lbs!! Crazy. You look great! Did you get the Baby Bargains book?
Well, how's this for a new record. The new guy at work, Tom started Tuesday afternoon. This morning he tried to quit! Bernie persuaded him to stay, and I kept my mouth shut. Bernie asked him if it was something I said to him, and he said no. I did not want to be responsible for him quitting, so there were things he should know that I did not tell him. He would have quit for sure. He'll have to find out the hard way, and then he'll quit, but it won't be my fault. Now it looks like Marsha is reconsidering whether to take that other job, or work for Bernie half days. The other job has bad hours, so maybe she will come in part time. The funny thing is that yesterday they left Tom alone in the office, after 4 hours of training. He knows absolutely nothing, and Miriam sends him an email, today is the deadline to get the three remaining group renewals in, can you send in the paperwork. He has no idea what the paperwork looks like, where to find it or where to send it. He was almost in tears this morning. Bernie kept telling him this is only for 6 months, then he will be promoted. He has to understand the administration before he can do the service work, which is baloney. Bernie doesn't understand the administration, why should Tom. Anyway, as I was getting ready to leave today Bernie says "good luck in your future endeavors" Is that guy a class act or what. The most important thing, though is:
I"M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
MOM
Rach you look great!!! mom good work on losing that job! I have been insanely busy this week (as you may notice from the lack of posting). Anyway it's just us here for shabbos...will be nice to have a quiet shabbos for a change...have a shower for a friend on sunday, so that basically keeps me busy from 7:45-4:00 on sunday (assuming I can leave at 4...is this going to be more than 2 hours?!!?) Anyway so i am busy again this week with no time sunday to do anything...arg. talk to you all when I have my first application in (dec 1)
:-)have a good shabbos
Hi All. This is actually for Chammie-- I just watched your third webisode, and have to tell you that I too made the Whoopie Pies!! I made the original recipe- not the peanut butter one and also had a tough time with that marshmellow filling. It was way too liquidy... I even threw out the first batch and made a second one, but there was no difference. Oh well. I don't think I'm going to make them again.
I also saw the third webisode, and I think it is time to make it official - I am no longer the biggest nerd in the family. The torch has been passed to Dovid.
OOPS. I goofed. I got a new cell phone, and I forgot to copy the phone numbers out of my old phone before I turned it in. I do not have anyone's cell phone numbers. If I don't call you, you will know why.
MOM
Post a Comment